Chemical Free Products
These days we are all being exposed to way too many chemicals. At Elm Design, we believe it is important to create products that we can enjoy to the fullest without having to worry about our health, or the health of our loved ones. That is why we buy our products from suppliers who feel the same way we do. All our fragrance oils are bought from Candle Science where extensive laboratory testing has been done to create Clean Scents (TM).
With these Clean Scents (TM) from Candle Science, you can be assured that the following are not in your products you have purchased from Elm Design.
- No Carcinogens: These are materials known or thought to cause cancer.
- No Mutagens: Materials that change the DNA of a cell, harming the cell and causing diseases like cancer.
- No Reproductive Toxins: Toxins that adversely affect reproductive organs and increase the risk of birth defects.
- No Organ Toxins: These are toxins that can cause adverse effects or disease within specific bodily organs.
- No Acute Toxins: Toxins that can cause adverse effects from a single exposure. Generally, this would be accidental exposure like spillage or ingestion.
- No Phthalates: Phthalates are the chemicals that make plastics malleable but are also used as solvents in many cosmetic lines. There is a possibility that phthalates can damage the liver, kidneys, lungs, and reproductive systems.
In addition to using Clean Scents (TM), we also use 100% soy wax derived from United States grown soybeans.
Why does Elm Design use soy wax?
- Vegan: No animal products used
- Paraffin-free: No petroleum used
- Sustainable & Renewable Resource - helps US farmers
- Non-Toxic, Eco-Friendly
- Clean, long & even burn